Robert Price, Ph.D.
Research Professor of Cell Biology & Anatomy
Director of the Instrumentation Resource Facility (IRF)
University of South Carolina School of Medicine
||Lake Superior State College – Bachelors of Science – Biology
||Southern Illinois University – Masters of Science – Zoology
||Southern Illinois University – Ph.D. – Zoology
Dr. Price is the Director of the University of South Carolina Instrumentation Resource Facility (IRF) which is a biotechnology core that houses a wide range of instrumentation including confocal and electron microscopes, cell sorters, and small animal imaging systems. A full listing of the equipment and capabilities of the IRF can be found at http://dba.med.sc.edu/price/irf/irf.htm. Dr. Price’s primary expertise is in confocal and electron microscopy. He has received several awards from local and national microscopy societies including the Southeast Microscopy Society Distinguished Scientist Award and the Microscopy Society of America Distinguished Service Award. He is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Microscopy and Microanalysis which is the journal of the Microscopy Society of America. He has also organized and taught numerous national and international confocal microscopy workshops and Springer recently published a book by Dr. Price and Dr. Jay Jerome of Vanderbilt University entitled “Basic Confocal Microscopy” based on these workshops.
- Price RL, Haley ST, Bullard T, Davis J, Borg TK, Terracio L (2013) Confocal microscopy of cardiac myocytes. Methods Mol Biol. 1075:185-199.
- Singh UP, Singh NP, Guan H, Busbee B, Price RL, Taub DD, Mishra MK, Fayad R, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti PS. 2013. Leptin antagonist ameliorates chronic colitis in IL-10-/- mice. Immunobiology. In Press.
- Singh UP, Singh NP, Guan H, Busbee B, Price RL, Taub DD, Mishra MK, Fayad R, Nagarkatti M, Nagarkatti PS (2013) The emerging role of leptin antagonist as a potential therapeutic option for inflammatory bowel disease. Int Rev Immunol (In Press)
- White JP, Puppa MJ, Sato S, Gao S, Price RL, Baynes JW, Kostek MC, Matesic LE, Carson JA (2012) IL-6 regulation on skeletal muscle mitochondrial remodeling during cancer cachexia in the ApcMin/+ mouse. Skelet Muscle 2:14.
- Saeed AI, Rieder SA, Price RL, Barker J, Nagarkatti P, Nagarkatti M (2012) Acute lung injury induced by Staphylococcal enterotoxin B: disruption of terminal vessels as a mechanism of induction of vascular leak. Microsc Microanal18:445-452.
Click for older publications